Sumner Appeal Application Window 2021-2022
APPEAL DATES ARE FROM MAY 17, 2021 TO MAY 21, 2021
APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE END OF DAY ON THE 21ST NO EXCEPTIONS.
Do NOT apply more than ONCE. If you did not apply from April-May, you cannot appeal. This is not an application for Sumner. This is the appeal application for students who have already been sent a denial letter.
What are the requirements?
Screen 1 – Academic Criteria
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 with no grade of “F” during the 2019-2020 school year and the first semester of 2020-2021 school year in the following core areas: English, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies·
- Interested students must receive one of the following Fastbridge score combinations:
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test.
- Score at/above the 75th percentile on the Fastbridge aReading test and score at/above the 50th percentile on the Fastbridge aMath test
- Testing will be conducted by appointment only. Students will receive notification of their appointment time.
(Students meeting these academic requirements will proceed to Screen 2.)
Screen 2 – Attendance and Behavior Criteria
- Records of students will be reviewed to determine their attendance and behavior in the 2019-2020 School Year and the first semester of the 2020-2021 School Year. Requirements are:
- Eligible students based on attendance shall be those who have five or fewer unexcused absences per semester contained in grade six and the first semester of grade seven.
- Eligible students based on behavior shall be those who have no more than one suspension per semester contained in grades six and the first semester of grade seven.
How do you appeal?
Please use the following link and apply. https://forms.gle/Bt9YtCMFyqz1HuUk7
Appeal letters will be sent the week of May 24, 2021.
If you need more information, please call Student Services at 913-279-2248